Is Lack of Sleep Ruining Your Life?
My name is Marcia Lindsey and I am the Sleep Diva. My work involves cognitive-behavioral treatment for Insomnia (CBT-I), an evidence-based set of treatments for Insomnia. Once thought to be a secondary sleep disorder, often accompanying anxiety and depression and a variety of medical problems, Insomnia is now known to be an autonomous co-morbid disorder, requiring its own treatment. Treatments for the ‘primary disorder’ fail to resolve insomnia in 80-85% of cases. CBT-I has been shown to be an effective, non-pharmaceutical treatment for both primary and co-morbid insomnia. It is safe for long-term use, and has better research results than pharmaceuticals over the long term. For most clients, it can be accomplished in short-term sessions. For those clients already on sleep medications who want to decrease or discontinue them, CBT-I is an effective alternative or joint treatment.
Here are some of the highlights of my professional work:
- Mini-Fellowship, Duke University Sleep Medicine Clinic, 2010 (Awarded by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine)
- Practicing Psychologist in Houston, Texas (licensed since 1980)
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation since 2009
- Certified MentorCoach since 2006
- Member, American Academy of Sleep Medicine since 2008
- Member, American, Texas and Houston Psychological Associations
- Member, International Coaching Federation
Tools to Help You Sleep Better Tonight